Lewis Hamilton has again dominated discussions in Bahrain during a second free practice session played at night.
Briton Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes), already best time of the 1st meeting, set the fastest time in the second free practice of the Bahrain Grand Prix Formula 1 Friday on the Sakhir circuit near Manama meeting.
In 1’34” 325, Hamilton, winner last Sunday at Sepang Malaysian GP has improved by more than three seconds his best time of the afternoon, with soft tires on a cooler track. He also accelerated by three tenths of a second teammate Nico Rosberg, who won the opening round in Melbourne and leader of the drivers’ championship.
As in the 1st meeting, Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) has signed the third time, to the best Red Bull-Renault, that of Australian Daniel Ricciardo and two motor cars Mercedes, Williams Brazilian Felipe Massa and McLaren the Englishman Jenson Button who will start Sunday’s 250th F1. In the other Red Bull, Sebastian Vettel, quadruple world champion title at Sepang and third behind the two Mercedes, passed the 7th lap, ahead barely two beginners, Russian Kvyat (Toro Rosso) and the Danish Kevin Magnussen (McLaren).
At Lotus, after a 1st meeting entirely devoted to honing new parts, without too much concern, Pastor Maldonado, who has damaged its flat bottom on a vibrator, and Romain Grosjean, twice on the podium at Sakhir last two years, continued to store the data still missing Enstone team. Three race drivers resumed their car “lent” in the morning, for a fee, to reserve drivers. Valtteri Bottas (Williams), Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber) and Kamui Kobayashi (Caterham) enjoyed a mild temperature (21 ° C) and perfect lighting to sign the 11th, 16th and 21st respectively lap.
Rosberg Happy To Schumacher
The meeting began at 6:00 p.m. local or at the same time as qualifying scheduled for Saturday and Sunday’s race, with hundreds of projectors installed around the circuit whose turn 1 now named after Michael Schumacher. “Very happy to hear good news about Michael, here in Bahrain,” tweeted Rosberg between the two free practice sessions. The German was teammate “Schumi” Mercedes-AMG from 2010 to 2012, during the last three seasons of his career in F1.
Order Free Practice 2:
1. Lewis Hamilton (GBR / Mercedes) 1:34.325
2. Nico Rosberg (GER / Mercedes) 1:34.690
3. Fernando Alonso (ESP / Ferrari) 1:35.360
4. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS / Red Bull-Renault) 1:35.433
5. Felipe Massa (BRA / Williams-Mercedes) 1:35.442
6. Jenson Button (GBR / McLaren-Mercedes) 1:35.528
7. Sebastian Vettel (GER / Red Bull-Renault) 1:35.606
8. Kvyat (RUS / Toro Rosso-Renault) 1:35.640
9. Kevin Magnussen (DEN / McLaren-Mercedes) 1:35.662
10. Sergio Perez (MEX / Force India-Mercedes) 1:35.802
11. Valtteri Bottas (FIN / Williams-Mercedes) 1:35.920
12. Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA / Toro Rosso-Renault) 1:35.972
13. Nico Hulkenberg (GER / Force India-Mercedes) 1:35.998
14. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN / Ferrari) 1:36.366
15. Adrian Sutil (GER / Sauber-Ferrari) 1:36.962
16. Esteban Gutierrez (MEX / Sauber-Ferrari) 1:36.975
17. Pastor Maldonado (VEN / Lotus-Renault) 1:37.259
18. Romain Grosjean (FRA / Lotus-Renault) 1:37.599
19. Jules Bianchi (FRA / Marussia-Ferrari) 1:37.800
20. Max Chilton (GBR / Marussia-Ferrari) 1:38.247
21. Kamui Kobayashi (JPN / Caterham-Renault) 1:38.257
22. Marcus Ericsson (SWE / Caterham-Renault) 1:39.136